In readiness for the second semester final examinations scheduled to start on Monday, June 1st, 2020, students should be guided and strive to meet the following requirements:
1. A laptop or desktop computer with webcam. CBT exams are not mobile device enabled
2. Students are also required to download the exam App from their page on the University eduportal
3. Email verification would be deployed to confirm login by both staff and students
4. Only BIU emails are enabled for such verification. Students are therefore required to activate their BIU domain emails before exams begin.
5. Login challenges should immediately be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is aware of challenges that may arise from implementing the above. Involve your parents/guardians in resolving some of the challenges to enable you pay more attention to your studies as you prepare for your examinations.
No one is required to go purchase a laptop during the nationwide lockdown period. You may rely on assistance from friends, family members (aunties/uncles/cousins), neighbors, church members or even your local church offices, to assist you or use their facilities for the exams, while observing social distancing, hand washing, sanitizer use, etc. For the students in Benin City or its environs, contact the Vice Chancellor’s office (telephone – 0815 851 0010) for special arrangements to be made for use of the University’s computer labs. All social distancing, use of masks and hand washing rules will be applied.
Data subscription is very important too. There are daily data bonuses being offered by network providers during this pandemic period. Please explore these options.
Other technical guidelines will be posted before the commencement of your examinations.
Professor Sam Guobadia